Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Final layout?.........

I took the last 3 blocks down to the design wall and then spent about a half  hour rearranging blocks so I could space out the blocks with red/pink and also the very dark  and very light blocks.  The only block I'm still questioning is the light one in the top row.  I could exchange it with the second star from the left in the second horizontal row.  It should finish at approximately 56" x 72".

Last night I just wanted some mindless sewing while I caught up on some TV shows.  I brought all of the 2" finished triangles upstairs and got all these sewn.  I need to cut some more light triangles to pair with the remaining dark  triangles.  I'll probably do pressing tonight while I watch a couple shows.

10 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That looks really beautiful. The colors are so pretty.

ES said...

Another super quilt :)

Hedy said...

I like the quilt top just as it is. I know that how ever you tweak it, it will come out perfect.

Lynn Dykstra said...

Love that lone red star

Linda Swanekamp said...

The background fabric in the batik quilt reminds me of that special art paper which has inclusions of leaves in it making it dimensional.

Cherie said...

I admire what you do with color. I wish I had your skills.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Beautiful! I didn't even notice the light one in the top row - my eye went immediately to the pink one in the second row - the fourth star - second block from the right - ;))

JJM said...

I absolutely love this piece... your stars are magical combined with your autumn leaf batik.... it has me mesmerized... autumn leaves holds such endearing memories for me. And this piece is MY FAVORITE to date !
(*._.*)

JJM

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

OMGoodness, what a gorgeous quilt! The colorful stars are amazing all put together next to the leaves...

Julie S said...

This quilt twinkles!