Wednesday, April 26, 2017

More stars..........

I didn't think I was going to make any star blocks yesterday.  It was a beautiful warm day and I had errands to run plus some outside garden work to do.

Last night however I decided to lay out a couple more blocks.

I think I have enough pieces cut for 4 more blocks but I need 5 so I will be doing more cutting on my Studio die cutter.








I sewed the 2 blocks pictured above and added them to the other 13 blocks on the design wall.

Some friends shared some of their compost pile with me so I prepared my raised bed in which I plant my tomatoes.  It is still too early to plant them but the soil is ready.

13 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

They are looking terrific. I think the rain is over and it will be sunny, so I have to take more tulip photos before it hits 80 on Thursday. Put a quilt on the longarm last night.

Plum Cox said...

Terrific star blocks! They are coming together really nicely - you must be pleased too!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the variation of color in the star blocks -

Hedy said...

I really like all the fabrics you have used in these blocks, it makes us look at each one closely. We have had some beautiful weather and my iris are all blooming as well as my lilac. It's hard to stay inside to do chores when the flower garden is calling my name.

Anonymous said...






This one is a winner! I like each block.Vera.

Linda P in IL said...

Your star blocks just glow! Love them!

Anonymous said...

I think this will be one of my favorite quilts of yours! Love the color and design!
Happy quilting!

melinda hirsch said...

Love, love, love!!

Needled Mom said...

Those look amazing together. It won't be long before the tomatoes are in with those warm temps.

Vicki W said...

Wow, they really twinkle when they are all together.

JJM said...

Mosaic Magic... (*._.*)

JJM

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those blocks are turning out beautifully!!!!!!!!!!!

margaret said...

stars looking great home grown tomatoes yummy