Thursday, April 27, 2017

Basting and more triangle squares.........

Last night I sewed enough triangle squares to make 5 blocks.  Each pile is either 8 alike or 4 alike.  If I don't like some of the combinations when I lay out the blocks I can always make a few more that will work.

I didn't have much ambition yesterday with the barometric pressure change.  We didn't get much rain during the day.  It sounds like the big rain is coming on Saturday and Sunday.
 
I also started hand basting the redwork baby quilt I pieced in February.  I will ditch quilt between rows of blocks in both directions and also the diagonals along the triangles.  Then I will decide the rest of the quilting.

6 comments:

Hedy said...

It started raining here about 2pm and by 6pm we were having thunder, lightening and heavy rain which continued for several hours. Everything here is green and lush, almost looks like a jungle on our property.

Gene Black said...

Our rain came in overnight and I was awakened with storms several times.
The changes in barometric pressure really affect me also.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so you are going to get the big rain this weekend too - same here - they say we might get six inches! we already had a little more than an inch yesterday do not need more!

patty a. said...

More beautiful triangles! Love the redwork!

JJM said...

Will look forward to your 'redwork' baby quilt. Have always loved those charming vintage prints.

JJM

farmerswife said...

Can I ask where yu got the redwork designs. I love them! farmersxwife@yahoo.com