Friday, January 20, 2017

Making progress.......

I pieced the backing for the baby quilt.  The panel of diamonds will be off center on the back of the quilt.  Here I am getting ready to load it on the long arm.



I pieced some leftover white batting and got the backing and batting on the frame.  I laid the top on there to keep it wrinkle free.  I hope to quilt it today.

I pieced 3 more of the Snail's Trail blocks last night.  In researching this pattern I see they used dark and light large squares as every other block in some of the layouts.  I'm looking for 2 fabrics now to use for those squares.  I need a little over a yard of each and lots of my batiks are half or 3/4 yard pieces.  I'm sure I'll find something that will work.  I could always make those scrappy too.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow, that backing is eye-popping :) It suits the quilt so well.

patty a. said...

What a fun back that will be on that quilt! Your blocks are so pretty! I haven't had much time to sew this week. I am looking forward to this weekend so I can just sit at the machine and sew, sew, sew!

Gene Black said...

Your mention of alternate solid blocks sent me on a side trip to Google. But I also saw a picture of a booth last night for Road to California (I think.) There was a snail's trail with an alternate block that immediately caught my attention. The block appeared to be a square with two narrow "kite" shapes coming from diagonal corners and meeting in the middle. It was quite striking.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh what a gorgeous baby quilt that will be -- adore that black and white backing combo!

JJM said...

Sew today was "get ready set SEW" ~ Always fun to watch your progress.

JJM

Charlotta said...

It's amazing how you get a "new lease on life," or just a lot of energy and get a LOT done at the beginning of every new year. You really always seem to crank stuff out in January as if you have a bunch of deadlines. I, too, love that baby quilt! It's so nicely graphic on both sides.