I had to try my purple blocks on the design wall. I'm not done sewing blocks so it won't go together any time soon. The angle of the cut with the ruler is deeper than the cut with the instruction in the book. When I made the first one I was using the book instructions.
While I had some company yesterday I brought out this quilt again and tried another border. This is actually the third color of this stripe that we tried.
Here is a closer shot. It is a Kaffe Fassett stripe and every fabric in the quilt (384 different prints) is his fabric too. I didn't have enough of this color so I ordered more yesterday. I'm not sure how wide the border will be at this point. Here is a previous border choice last year. We played with how that fabric would be cut and I finally made the decision it will go on the back of the quilt. Not shown in that photo is a vase from which the sprays extend. It was just too much planning of where the cut should be, whether the vase should be in it or not. I'm happy with this simpler stripe.
Jack Frost came to visit and I'm sure he will stick around for a couple more days. We're down around 0 at night.