Wednesday, September 28, 2016

New book.........

I was rather tired yesterday after 2 days in a row of workshops and the days previous to them for prep work.  I visited great grandchildren in the morning and came home to a book in my mailbox.  This is my favorite quilt in the book.



It is Kathy Doughty's new book published by C&T.  I have made several quilts from the previous 2 books.  I noticed she used Marcia Derse fabric in the background triangles and I think I will too.  I have plenty of Kaffe stripes to use too.  My large prints will be different than the ones Kathy used.  

Our last free brush pickup of the year is next week so I did drag my pile of branches around to the driveway yesterday afternoon.  I will be scouting the backyard for more to cut before Monday.

12 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is a gorgeous quilt. Are there any more in the book so it is worth buying? I end up buying too many books. I have a friend who just looks at a quilt and knows how to make it. That is not me- I need instructions. I bet you have all the fabric you need to make the quilt!

Anonymous said...

Variation on the theme of X and Plus, no? Except the Xs cross all the way through the middle, and there's sashing. Lots of pieces! Just your kind of thing! I look forward to seeing your version of this quilt.

Frebblebit

Gene Black said...

I do love a new book for some inspiration. This one looks fun

patty a. said...

I love the way Kathy can mix prints.

Roxanne said...

Kathy Doughty is inspiring with her designs and use of color and pattern. Her Fractured Quilt is still one of my favorites, though an "old" one by now.
Rosemary's quilt yesterday was so great--loved that she could use those blocks right away!

Needled Mom said...

That will be a great quilt. Wonderful design.

Anonymous said...

Wanda, I cannot wait to see your interpretation of this one! Looking forward to following along.... I love seeing how you combine fabrics into amazing quilts...so much inspiration...
Sandra B
scb304@juno.com

Tami Von Zalez said...

I was intrigued by the color in the Gypsy's Wife quilt pattern but now I am in love with the Doughty Color Works you have shown. Off to buy the book ...

Marie said...

Love that quilt - right up your alley!

Mystic Quilter said...

This quilt is my favourite too, I fell for it as soon as I opened the book. Good one for using beautiful big prints - perhaps I feel another KF collective quilt coming on.

MJinMichigan said...

I took a workshop from Kathy in Syracuse, NY about three years ago and she showed that quilt in class. It's even better in person!
I would love to make it someday and can't wait to see yours.

Cindy P. said...

That is indeed a lovely quilt and the Kaffe stripes and large designs add to its beauty!