I finished the ditch quilting on the fractured quilt last night.
My original plan was to stitch 2 lines on the light colored fabrics.
Then I remembered there were some really skinny ends on some of the wedges and it wouldn't really have room for 2 rows of stitching. I only worked on this part for about an hour and then gave up for the night.
I also appliqued 4 more circle centers on the spin blocks so now I have 9 done and can sew the first wallhanging together.
The coneflowers are about 4-5 feet tall in most of the backyard garden. There are a few in the shade that are about 3 feet tall. I saw the first hummingbird yesterday and he was checking out the coneflowers that weren't quite open yet. I have 2 hanging baskets with red flowers and he didn't go near them.
We got almost 2" of rain on Saturday, .35" in the morning and 1.6" at night. Then last night we got another shower but it was too dark to go out and check the rain gauge. I'm not going to take a chance of running into a raccoon or an opposum out there in the dark.