I need to clear off my design walls so I started sewing some tops together. I left the edges of the 8' wide design wall in the picture so you can see this quilt is big. I'm contemplating adding to 2 sides to make it into a more rectangular shape.
I have been making the blocks for this quilt when I go to the twice monthly sewing day. I decided to stop this one at 52" x 60". It is mostly Brandon Mably fabric with a few Kaffe and Philip Jacobs fabrics added. For this one you pair 2 fabrics and cut one 2.5" strip of each. Cut four 8" pieces from each strip, take one piece of each and slice it down the middle lengthwise. That will make 2 blocks that look so different that you won't notice you have 2 blocks of the same fabrics in the quilt.
I have continued making 6" blocks with the leftovers from the plaid/stripe log cabin quilt. I have cut the scraps into 2.5" squares, 4.5" squares and 2.5" x 6.5" rectangles. Every block is pieced the same. I might use these in the pieced backing of the log cabin quilt because they aren't very attractive together.
The second double Amaryllis flower has bloomed. I think there might be a third one now. It is a pretty small bud so I'll be patient and see if it develops into a flower.