The art quilters came for the last time in 2013 yesterday. After they left (and after my nap) I got this quilt ready to baste. I made this in 2011. Here it is when I finished sewing it together. I am going to use the left over piece from the backing on this one for the border on another quilt. It is Red Jungle Paisley by Kaffe Fassett. You can see the other quilt tossed on the chair in the background, the stars and 16 patches.
I needed a project to work on in the main floor studio so I pulled a bunch of 2.5" strips in browns/rust/gold and sewed them together in pairs while I watched Castle. I can't tell you what the project is because I haven't decided if it is going to be a 16 patch quilt, a double 4 patch quilt, or maybe one with alternate squares of a batik with a large design in it. I have one with large giraffes and a couple other interesting ones.
I made a collage of the 3 quilts made from the quarter log cabins. The one on the left is 60" square and is a finished wallhanging. The one in the center is approximately 60" x 75". I sold it so I don't have it to measure. The one on the right is the largest so they aren't to scale. It is 72" x 87". The one on the left has a lot of dotted fabric scraps left from a quilt that was made of 170 different dotted fabrics. It also has some stripes and some Kaffe prints. The other 2 used the same bins of strips so are very similar.