The Blooming 9 Patch (pattern in "Tradition with a Twist" by Blanche Young) is totally done. I finished the binding by machine. This quilt is about 88" x 108".
It has a 14" drop on a queen size bed so it doesn't quite cover the box springs and frame and would have to have a dust ruffle/bedskirt. I made this one with intention of selling it but that didn't work out.
I did the binding on this quilt too. I debated whether to use the dotted fabric because the dots aren't printed perfectly straight, but it was the only fabric I could find that I liked with both back and front so I used it.
This shows the back of the binding which was caught with stitching from the front of the quilt. It came out pretty good.
This quilt is an odd size, 54" x 84". The pattern is in more than one of the Kaffe Fassett books. It is based on 3", 6" and 9" squares. If I had liked it better when I was working on it I would have added a row to the side to make it a little wider. It isn't one of my favorites that I have made with the Kaffe fabrics.
If you click on this photo and enlarge it, you might be able to see the 2 baby birds. I have 2 burning bushes which have gotten huge and I thought about trimming them this year. This is right outside my guest bedroom window and the photo is taken through a screen and unfortunately the camera wanted to focus on the screen. This is in one of the burning bushes. I'm sure the mama bird would have attacked me if I had tried to trim the bush.