Thursday, January 24, 2019

Playing with red..........

I have started making pieces for the red and white quilt I showed in a magazine about a week ago.  I still have more parts to assemble before I can layout all of the blocks.  I need to be sure I have the new fabrics I use distributed throughout the quilt.

This is a corner block so the top left corner is different than the other 3 corners.  I also sewed the connecting strip laying to the right that goes between blocks.  I guess this will be my Valentine quilt since that was one of my goals this year to make one.  Several of the fabrics have hearts on them.

10 comments:

patty a. said...

All those different red fabrics are fabulous! This is going to be such a pretty quilt!

Andra Gayle said...

This is going to be an amazingly gorgeous quilt!

Lola's Mom said...

That block looks GREAT, Wanda! It will be a stunner for sure!

JJM said...

OMG Wanda ! Absolutely beautiful, can hardly wait to see the blocks with hearts. You've used your reds with perfection. It exploded onto the screen this morning. Really warmed my heart .

JJM

Needled Mom said...

That's going to be gorgeous. Great block!

Lisa Jeffers Fulton said...

That is a truly beautiful composition. You are an artist.

barbara woods said...

love all those reds, one day I will make me one but since I already have to many bed size it may be small

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I a really liking how this one is shaping up. AND we DO love red, don't we!!!

Material Girl said...

I made this quilt using blues and neutrals. If I made it again. I would just make 2 alternating blocks (9 patches) and forget the ‘sashings’. I never saw that it was 2 simple blocks until it was all done. Looking forward to seeing this quilt in red and white.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your reds are GORGEOUS!! I saw the title of your post and immediately thought - "Oh, dear - another SQUIRREL!!" - LOL - ;))