Sunday, February 25, 2018

Sorting and cutting............

As I was looking through the huge blanket box for plaid scraps mixed in with yardage I decided to cut another quilt.  I think the half hexagons cut with my GO die on my Studio cutter is the way to go.  I have only cut 78 so far and I need over 200 so this will be an ongoing project.  Here is the post where I show the half hexagon quilt made with Kaffe fabrics.  That one is a large couch quilt but I want this one to be twin size or larger.  I think I will leave out all of the plaids with white in them but I have a lot more bright colors to add.  More than half of the fabrics are the old Roberta Horton plaids and stripes from the 1990s.

8 comments:

Hedy said...

I really like anything to do with Roberta Horton, also her sister Mary Masada. Hope I spelled that right. Anyway, I’m sure all those plaids will look great.

Frog Quilter said...

You always surprise me with all the fabrics you own. You have your own store right there. I have plenty as well. Shopping the stash is the way to go!

Bag End Gardener said...

Gosh, there's a 'blast from the past'.

I have quite a few of those fabrics in my stash too, think they should be fully matured now and about ready to be used :)

MontyBear said...

Is the Kaffee half hexagon quilt from your previous post made with any fabrics that you repeated? I like your new half hexagon.

Tami Von Zalez said...

I too have my plaids separated out and am thinking of doing a Storm at Sea pattern. I just want to find a purple plaid for an accent color. I like that half hexagon look. I'll have to mull it over ...

JJM said...

Flannel fabric, hexagons... fun designing ahead. I always look forward to seeing your works in progress. Enjoy your Sunday.

JJM

Janet said...

I have a small collection of those vintage Roberta Horton plaids too! They're fabulous and rather unique. Looking forward (as always) to seeing how this project develops.

Debbie said...

That is going to be so pretty. You have the best ideas.