Saturday, February 24, 2018

Picking up, knitting......

I didn't really work on any specific project yesterday.  I did a lot of picking up and putting away of stuff on the tables in the basement.  I can make such a mess.

I have been knitting a little more in the evenings while catching a few events on the Olympics, mostly ice skating.I have knitted all of these since I showed the last batch on January 15th.
While I was eating lunch I noticed this crow strutting through the back garden.  They very rarely come into my yard so they are a novelty.  I really don't want the whole tribe here though.  They are such noisy birds.

5 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great colors in the knitting. Not surprising. Not a crow fan. They are noisy and nasty to small birds. They always seem so ominous.

O'Quilts said...

I love those. I tried, but evidently it is not in my skill set...good for you

Cathi said...

I gave up trying to aew much while the figure skating events were on, as I couldn't take my eyes off the Tv screen.
We used to have a family of crows out on the roof garden, but West Nile was the end of that. I actually miss hearing them. But they say they're slowly making a comeback around here, so maybe some day we'll have them on the roof garden again.

Needled Mom said...

They are some of my least favorite birds! They are so noisy as well as so domineering.

JJM said...

Nice stash of knitted cloths, I know you donate most of them and they're always a great gift. I am going to get more microfiber yarn to knit more for myself. They can take sanitizing with bleach, many times before they begin to fade and I like the way they wick up moisture.

Yes, crows are as pesky as the wild turkeys at our feeder, they take over and devour the millet I put out for the California quail. Plus deer will clean it up also. I'm trying to figure out how to feed my quail. I just sprinkle it on the ground. As they are not a bird that will fly up to my hanging feeders with sun flower seed. And those turkeys and deer can figure out how to eat out of any ground feeder.

JJM