Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Sewing and design wall fun.........

Last night I sewed another rectangular colorwash.










Two weeks ago I posted a photo of the pieces of the quilt on the right pinned on a piece of flannel since 1996.  Yesterday I got out the Bakers Dozen Doubled quilt (on left) that I made in the late 1980s.  The one on the right is made the same way, designing each round as you go.  I have quite a bit of several of the fabrics in it so I don't know how big it will become.

I pinned the only fabric in the group that I haven't used yet down in the bottom corner.  I'll look at this for a couple days before I decide what I'm going to add.

6 comments:

patty a. said...

You have been keeping busy with all these projects old and new. It is forecasted to be 70 here today. It is so humid though. My car windows were fogged up this morning even though the car was in the garage!

Mary said...

Beautiful pieces and an interesting post in how fabrics and your own style have evolved. I'm really impressed that you know the dates so well. These were started well before you had a blog.

Chris said...

Love the Bakers Dozen Doubled! An oldie but a goodie! ME Hopkins really changed how I approached quilting. I took a class on "It's Okay if you Sit on My Quilt", and it taught me how design on my own, not always need a pattern per se.
Wanda, you sew so much, you really put your sewing machines to the test! I think it would interesting to do a little post on machine maintenance, how often you change needles/clean out your machine, stuff like that. We all need our machines to be ready for us! My machine recently died, right when I was in the midst of an important project! I had to borrow a friend's machine to finish the project, and I also bought a new (used) machine quickly, and thankfully I love it!
Happy sewing!

Lori said...

So nostalgic thinking of MEH and looking at your beautifully selected vintage fabrics.

Hedy said...

I’m glad you are finishing this top, it’s going to be great.

JJM said...

Another color wash at your machine, it wouldn't be your studio without one in the making. And Wanda, the piece that has been hidden for so many years is a true treasure, I love the pattern and fabrics.

Wickedly cold again last night but warmed up to 22 today.

JJM