Sunday, September 24, 2017

Playing with more leftovers.....

I had some leftover cut pieces from a quilt that I made before I had my Studio die cutter.  I decided to sew up a few orphan blocks for my collection.  I probably have enough batik blocks to do another orphan block quilt now.



 
There are still more triangles to sew together and some squares too so there might be a few more blocks.  This is just fun relaxing sewing. 










I also sewed the last 2 rows for the Australian fabric table runner.  It is 10.25" x 23.75" right now.  It could probably use a border all around.  There are 60 different Australian fabrics in the 2" pinwheels plus the yellow alternate square fabric for 61.

6 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Such rich colors in your leftovers. Did you see the new Kaffe Fall 2017 collection? The big florals made me swoon because they are so beautiful.

melinda hirsch said...

Wonderful colors.

Debbie said...

Love the rich fall colors of the orphan blocks.

damsel said...

Do you prefer to sew cut triangles together rather than the method of sewing together and then cutting?

JJM said...

As fall creeps in Rusty Orange is one of my favorite glorious colors. And those blocks are just that.

And waking up to 32 degrees two mornings in a row, it has turned many of our trees into glorious gold and red leaves.

JJM

Connie said...

Hello Wanda, I am so happy to have found your blog and have just become your newest follower. I am a beginner to quilting and I find the best part of making a planned quilt is all the scraps leftover to make a scrappy quilt. I just love combining many colors and seeing the ending result. I know that I can learn a lot for you and will be adding you to my favorite blog roll. If you visit my blog I would be delighted to hear your comments on the quilts that I make . . . just remember I am a beginner, LOL.
Happy to meet you.
Connie :)