Saturday, September 23, 2017

Last seams next........

I just have center seams left to sew on the last 16 blocks of the Australian fabric Hunter Star quilt.  Then I can start playing around with the pairs that will make the full star blocks.  There will be 2 blocks alike of each combination.
Last night I knitted while I watched 2 episodes of "Anne with an e" on Netflix.  It is based on Anne of Green Gables which I just read for the first time about 3 years ago.  They have the perfect girl playing the part of Anne.  

I give the multi-skein dishcloths to my youngest granddaughter.  I knitted about a third of the multi-skein one and half of the new one on the needles.

7 comments:

Mary said...

I knit these too and they last forever.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Those blocks look like a lot of work. Can't wait to see a layout of all of them. Love the color change in the knitting.

Gene Black said...

I really like that purple fabric in the hunter star, it plays so nicely with the fabric that you paired it with.

Hedy said...

I knit about 3 of your pattern for the dish cloths and then I have to knit one that is just all knitting. Kind of a break. I have a small drawer now full for Christmas gifts. I like that purple fabric too, I'm kind of getting into purple now because of you. Such a lovely color.

Joye with an e said...

I just read the Anne of Green Gables books for the first time last year and really enjoyed them. I haven't heard of that show, though. Glad to hear you are doing better after the pacemaker. I still enjoy your blog postings and learn so much about design and gardening from you.
joyecox@yahoo.com

JJM said...

Tumbler flannel quilt looks bigger than a crib size in the photo... Looks so nice and cozy. Keeping your knitting going and some sewing. I marvel at your progress for getting back into the swing of your creativity. I know it is not what you usually produce, but OMG Wanda, it has only been 3 weeks since surgery. Those are fun dish cloths.

Did I ever tell you the microfiber yarn I used to make some dish clothes worked out really well and I didn't have problems with a lot of snagging while knitting. Love the way they wick the moisture away. AND I can bleach them and they do not fade.

Enjoy your weekend... JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

So, playtime is almost upon you with Hunter Star blocks, I love that part of making a quilt!