Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Top sewn...and next in line..........

I sewed this top together while I watched Scorpion last night.  It is 48" x 60".  I think it needs a yellow back and a yellow binding.  Part of the back will be the fabric with the white background and squares of yellow in the print.  The yellow with white dot will probably be a strip to make it wide enough.  If you go back to this post you can see the one in the book that inspired me.
Yesterday morning I found the backing for this quilt and chose the thread to quilt it.  The piece to the left is all that is left of the backing yardage but there will be a long piece to cut off the side of the backing after quilting.  You can go here to see the full shot of this top.  Did you notice the date on that post?  This one has been waiting a long time to get quilted.

12 comments:

Debbie said...

Well, I love your version. Bright is good!

Linda Swanekamp said...

It reminds me of a cozy kitchen with the sun coming in. Has a very comfortable feeling.

Kristin said...

I liked the matched blocks better from the other day, but after seeing your finished unmatched version, I like this one better now. You have a great way of making your quilts 'sing'. I never would have thought to put that background fabric with the pinwheels on the other quilt, but it really works. I looked back at the other post about the pinwheel quilt - I love that chevron quilt. I am making a chevron quilt now in prints of primary colors, but...I only have 4 different prints of each color! Wish I had used more variety.

LynneP said...

The top turned out great...can't wait to see it completed with quilting and binding. You have a wonderful eye for color and pattern!

patty a. said...

The top turned out wonderful! Yellow binding and backing will be perfect! The top from 2013 is so pretty and colorful! It's not old - heck I have one quilt I need to get done from the late 70's! LOL!!!!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Your version worked out really well, as usual. But I really like that older one. How on earth did you stand it to wait so long to finish it?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nicely done!! You certainly do keep yourself entertained, don't you?!?

Lisa C said...

WoW! Once you get on a project, you get it done! I like this one more than I thought I would when you started. It's funny how that happens. I've got the entire season of Scorpion "recorded" - I'm not sure why I haven't watched it weekly like I have some of the others.

Hedy said...

Your quilt turned out great, and I did go back to look at the other top made in 2013. I was looking at some of my UFO's and thought this summer will be a good time to finish them too. Thanks for showing us we can all have UFO's.

Needled Mom said...

That looks wonderful.

Dee said...

If you are anything like me, I sew when I "watch" a program, but really I only LISTEN to the program bc I am so intent in the sewing! Lol!

Maryse said...

Well done, it looks fantastic!!