Friday, February 24, 2017

Found fabric and new project............

Continuing from yesterday......I found all of these long strips that were trimmed from quilt backings.  They range from 4" to 20" wide and from 64" to 105" long.  Lots of times I need to just add a strip 18" wide to a backing so now I have some choices.  There are 3 Kaffe's, 1 Brandon Mably, 1 batik, and the rest assorted quilting fabrics.  I will find a storage box for them and make a label with large letters so I can't lose it.
I worked on the hand stitching on my binding and am 3/4 done with it.  I needed a break from it so I cut strips for a couch size Trip Around the World quilt.  I peeled one set back to make sure I like the order of the fabrics.  I got one strata sewn last night but haven't pressed it yet.  I have 2 ladies coming over to work on their TAW quilts on Saturday.

7 comments:

Sewing Junkie said...

The lost is found. Good! I hate it when you know you put them away so you would know where they were at. At least I do it that way. No snow yet, but lightening and thunder during the night. Chris

Lesley Gilbert said...

I'm finally catching up on all my emails - this is the first of 8 on your list, so lots of good reading ahead of me. You're new TAW colours look very interesting :)

Lesley Gilbert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

Lots of good strips for backings....good find.
The B and W for the TAW looks very intriguing. Know it will be a good one.

Gene Black said...

I have done one TAW and enjoyed it. A couple of days ago I saw a tutorial on Bargello and realized it is very similar. So I am planning to play with the idea for bargello soon.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Like finding buried treasure to use! Lots of great choices.

JJM said...

Your stash always makes me smile... the rest of us would give anything to have your stash. Then to find the long strips you had stashed away made your day. Love you share so much with all of us.

JJM