Friday, June 24, 2016

Quilting with light..........

I'm really enjoying the new lights on my machine while I'm ditch quilting.  To see more about the lights, click hereI finished all of the ditch quilting and now I need to decide what else to add.  First though I need to use the vacuum cleaner and clean off two tables.
It was a little hazy yesterday morning, foggy some places.  When I looked out the window I saw a squirrel (left side by the pole) birds at the feeder in the center and a bunny watching all of it.  I love my little wildlife preserve in the backyard.  If you enlarge the photo and look carefully you will see the cannas growing in the back by the trees.
I cut back the hydrangea bush last fall but it is still laying all over the seedum and hostas.  I don't know if they last as a bouquet in a vase but I think I need to cut a few of them.

6 comments:

Sylvia Anderson said...

Good morning Wanda...I have a tip for you regarding the hydrangea flowers. Last year, a friend told me that if you cut the flowers, put them in a vase with water for about 7 or 8 days, you can then remove the water, clean the vase and than put the flowers back in the vase without water and the flowers will dry out and last for as long as you want. Mine are going to be replaced sometime this month and I'm looking forward to having a fresh bouquet of them in my kitchen. I initially set them on the windowsill in my kitchen, and noticed a change in the color since my window faces south, so I would suggest that you keep them in a fairly low light area. You can also add some small pebbles or flat marbles to your vase if you use a see through one. I was skeptical at first, but it works and we've been happy to have a vase of 'fresh flowers' all year long.

patty a. said...

I am glad to read that you still like your new lights. My canna are in full sun. I am not sure what they like since yours seems to be in the shade. I didn't look at mine this morning to see if they have gotten bigger. Yesterday's rain had to help.

Hedy said...

Thanks for the LED light info, I think I need it too. I cut my flowers and put them in a vase and leave them there for years. They dry out really well. I only have white flowers, wish I had some blue or pink, but I don't now. My one bush has never bloomed.

Needled Mom said...

Those hydrangea look beautiful. My mom cuts hers all the time for her vases. They are great dried flowers too.

Mary said...

Good lighting makes a huge difference. It looks like your little critters get along with each other.

Wanda J said...

I love the colors of your quilts Wanda. The photos of nature are just beautiful. I recently solved my lighting needs with a work light. The jury is not in yet since I have only used it once.