Friday, November 27, 2015

More birthday......

I spent some birthday money on a new rack on which to hang my quilt tops that are waiting to be quilted.  I also have batting for several of them cut and hanging with the tops.  I already had two not so sturdy racks and one of them has collapsed a couple times.  This one looks very sturdy.  I still have around 40 tops waiting in line even though I have sold several and finished a few.  Today I will sort the tops loosely into an order that I think I want to finish them.

8 comments:

Roxanne said...

Looks like step 1 in a plan to get those quilts finished. Yeah for you!

Lesley Gilbert said...

That looks like a very strong rack - not seen one like that before (in the UK anyway). I have 2 very strong ones from when I had a shop years ago - so glad I hung onto them (not literally haha) as they are so handy. Hope you had a lovely day yesterday.

Mary said...

Great idea. Sturdy and mobile as well.

Gene Black said...

That seems like a great way to store tops.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Gee, I have a rack in my basement made of a thick dowel and closet rod holders that 10 quilts are waiting to go on the long arm. 6 of them have the batting and backing cut. I have a hard time getting a big chunk of time to get quilting on them.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that rack sounds like a good idea with as many as you have - a lot of them are small I hope then you can catch up

Debbie said...

Happy birthday wishes.....you deserve such a treat. Good ideas.

donaleen said...

Happy birthday Wanda.