Friday, October 23, 2015

Starting to fill in.........

I sewed the other three half blocks together and placed them on the design wall.  I won't know the placement for sure until I have made the other five that I need.  I folded one of the leftover blocks to look like a quarter block in the bottom right corner.  I haven't decided whether I should trim the points off the half blocks now or wait until after quilting.  I'm leaning toward waiting.

I was thinking about doing another 2 day colorwash workshop at my house (Sandwich IL) the first week of November and wondered if there is anyone interested.  If so email me here.  Last time a few no reply people left a comment instead of emailing me directly and I had no way to get back to them.  (If the link above doesn't work for you, there is an email link on the right sidebar).  Click here to see the students' work from the class in July.

5 comments:

Sewing Junkie said...

I agree with you on waiting to cut off the points. To many bias edges to warp. This is going to be really a nice looking quilt when complete. Keep up the great work. Chris

Debbie said...

I am enjoying the journey thru your process/progress. Every block is a wonderful play of color and so much fun to see them emerge.

Gene Black said...

While I would love to take a workshop with you, the 12 hour trip would be a bit much - and my November schedule is already getting a bit crazy.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wow, would be great to take a workshop with you- I am sure it would help me in trying to do my colorwash! However, Buffalo, NY is quite a haul from you.
The fill in triangle shapes look terrific. They really do anchor the quilt.

patty a. said...

This quilt is coming along. The blocks are playing very nicely together!