Sunday, July 27, 2014

Neckbands and blanket edging.........

I brought home some of our partially finished layette pieces two weeks ago.  The seven gowns needed neckbands and the 3 receiving blankets needed the serger edging.  When I take them tomorrow to sewing circle, the ribbon will be run through the neckband and tied in a bow.  I'm including the pattern in this post for the people who have slow internet service.  I included the link yesterday but it takes too long for the link to open with slow service.
 I don't measure the ribbing.  I just stretch it slightly as I sew it on and cut it off when I get to the end.  We used to turn in the edges of the ribbing at the front but after all kinds of problems sewing it that way we decided to just use the raw edge.  It won't ravel and these gowns are used for such a short time since babies grow fast.  Click on the photos to enlarge them.

4 comments:

JJM said...

re: Saturday and Sunday

You always find the cutest prints for the preemie sets. And they are so appreciated. And the 'kite block' table runner will brighten any table. That design is just striking.

JJM

Nancy J said...

Thanks for the pattern Wanda, and all the sizes, a real bonus. Do the gowns have fine lace edging on the sleeves and fronts? Lovely finish for any wee baby, Cheers,Jean.

Carol said...

I only do the preemie quilts, but love this idea. I have still been visiting your blog ,but haven't had time to comment.

O'Quilts said...

Please send me some of your energy..needed immediately...