Thursday, September 10, 2026

Top sewn, not pressed.................

 

I wasn't sure I could get the last 10 rows sewn yesterday but I stuck with it and finished at 10:15 p.m.  I hope it will feel cool in the basement today when I go down to turn on the iron.




I planted Marigold seeds in the pots with the tomato plants.  Some pots only had 2 come up but this one has about 6 Marigolds in there.  I have a 6' tall stake in the middle of the pot to keep the tomato plant more upright this year.





I got a few Marigolds to grow in the raised bed too and they are too weak to stand up.  I was surprised it took 3 months for blooming.  They were planted the 3rd week of May.




8 comments:

patty a. said...

Wow! You got that top all sewn together! Your tomato plants look healthy and you have had some vigorous growth for sure! The marigold flowers you do have are very pretty! I didn't plant any this year and I wish I would have.

pbj fiber marietta said...

I am always happy to see the progress in your garden! Those tomato plants are outstanding! Marigolds are a good thing to plant with them. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's me but I don't think the plants are doing their normal thing this year especially the bloomers.

JJM said...

What great day you had to get all those seams sewn . Hope you slept well . And OMG what huge tomato plants you have grown again. With the help with marigolds cheering them on.

Julierose said...

Good work getting all those seams done, Wanda;)))
the marigolds are my favorite flower--just love the colors...
80 here with 72 dewpoint--mugginess has returned...
Hope it's cooler where you are...hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

Still too hot here for another week or so. Marigolds are always such happy flowers - I usually buy the little plants vs. seeds - even here they take too long to grow otherwise. Another quilt top - good for you!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

isn't it amazing how tall the tomato plants get!! are those wild violets on the ground they look like what I call wild violets I have plants like that all over in the spring and early part of summer - sometimes all summer if the heat isn't too bad.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Lovely photos and beautiful sewing.