Thursday, September 17, 2026

Sewing some 9 patches....................


 24 nine patches are sewn so far, lots more to go.  I had pulled some fabrics to try as alternate blocks so here are three of them.  This one of cheetahs isn't too great. I think it is too light.





This is my favorite but I only have enough to cut 24 alternate blocks.  That would only make a quilt 36" x 48".







I have two pieces of this fabric so it is a strong contender if I do this layout.







I decided to turn the camera to simulate an on point setting.  That is nice too.









I also chose some pink fabrics for a future quilt.  What a change from the fall colors I have been working on for the last couple weeks.

8 comments:

patty a. said...

Here's a thought - what about using both fabrics in the second and third picture in the same quilt as alternating blocks? They are in the same color range.

Nann said...

You're not likely to confuse the pieces from the brown 9ps with the pink project!

Cherie Moore said...

Oh yeah, change it up with a pink project!! I definitely like the second fabric the best and like Patty’s idea to use both the second and third options.

Meg said...

Just a thought— Maybe keep what you have (with your favorite fabric) as the center, and add a round or two of just 9-patches using a variety of dark fabrics (as you have been) but only one light fabric (maybe the cheetahs)?

JJM said...

I really like the last two photo’s ~ the ‘spacers’ show off the beauty of each 9 patch blocks. I agree your pinks are lovely and peppy . 😉

Barwitzki said...

I like the second one... lovely nine-patches. Now it’s time to join them all together... and you already have 24, with plenty more left to sew.
It’s getting exciting.
Have fun!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Ohhh - another pink quilt in planning stages. LOVE Pink quilts. The nine patches are delicious - will be interesting to see how you handle the alternate blocks (and I agree, the cheetahs are a bit light even though the fabric is terrific).

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you got more done today than I did - other than laundry I read a book I am determined to get more energetic tomorrow even if I have to force myself. The weather says a little cooler next week I sure hope so.