Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Sewing 72" long seams..................


There were 10 seams the first direction, 72" long, and I got 8 of them sewn by bedtime last night.






This was the pile on the sewing cabinet when I quit for the night. There are storms predicted this morning and I hope we get some of the rain.  If it fizzles out I will have to be out watering the tomatoes and cucumbers today.

 

5 comments:

  1. The stretch of beautiful weather ended with rain overnight and more this morning. A good day to sew! (Heck, any day is a good day to sew....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the close up shots as I like seeing the prints up close. At 72”, those are long seams but it sure assembles the top quickly!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Love this wonderfully colorful quilt!!
    I always use the Mary Ellen Hopkins method of quilt assembly: lay out your blocks as you want them, pair them up to their "next door neighbor" and sew all the pairs together (or as many as you choose to in one sewing session), then press the pairs. Next sew each pair to it's downstairs neighbor so those pairs are 4 blocks by 8 blocks. Keep pairing up the larger and larger blocks and eventually you have two large pieces of your quilt and only one long seam either vertical or horizontal and your top is finished so you're on to borders if the quilt is to have borders. Works for me!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. as Nann said the long seams make the quilt come together fast. that will be a wonderful quilt when done.

    ReplyDelete

I will reply to all comments WITH A LINK. If you are anonymous or a Blogger account without your email enabled I can not reach you to reply.

There is an EMAIL address on my right sidebar if you have a question and you do not have a link.