After 2 hours at the design wall, this is the final layout for this 16 patch quilt. There are 2 alike of each block except one and 18 of the alternate fabric blocks.
After lunch I went back down to the basement and took the blocks down in stacks and numbered them, ready for piecing the quilt top.
In the main floor studio I took the 71 extra strips and pulled out all of the duplicates and then paired them for a future quilt. The 3 strips on top need a partner. I need to cut a few more strips and they might be all greens and blues. I had to get these stacked up and moved since they are on my sewing cabinet and I want to sew today.



That was a lot of work, Wanda--the 16 patches look great with that alternate block fabric;)))--a very Autumnal looking piece, I think;)))
ReplyDelete57 here this morning--and sunny...Now that Labor Day has come and gone i really feel like it's Fall...still working on our "old school calendar" I guess after all these years....hugs, Julierose
The last photo -- the vertical strips could be sewn together, then the strata slashed with the brown strips as inserts.
ReplyDeleteI really like Nann's idea...
ReplyDeleteThanks for the ear worm, lol! Take one down, pass it around…….. You got a lot of stacking and sorting done. I’m starting to really miss my quilt studio….it will feel wonderful to sew when we get home!
ReplyDeleteI like the way the alternating blocks are different positions in each row. They blend in great and add a lot of interest!
ReplyDeleteWow, lots to keep track of. They work together fantastic. I have 80 kaleidoscope blocks on the wall and I can't pull the final trigger on decisions to label them and take them down.
ReplyDeletejust numbering and clipping together is work for the day!! it does look really good and organized.
ReplyDelete