The top 6 rows (of 12) are ready to sew now. Then I can move the blocks up and design the bottom half.
I cut two more Bear Paw blocks and sewed one of them. This one has the least contrast between the 2 fabrics in it. After I sew the other one I can take the pink thread off the machine and change back to brown.
Marcia Derse has flannel fabric now and the prints are from a couple of her previous lines. I didn't buy all of them, but just my favorites. I'll mix these in with other flannels in my stash. I'm hoping to make at least 4 flannel quilts this winter. I may add to that when I cut up all of the scraps and make baby quilts with them.



6 comments:
The 9-patch is looking great! Designing the lower half ought to go quickly. The pink block is so pretty. MD has flannel now? Cool! Where did you get it?
Nice progress on your 9 patches, Wanda; and I really love this Bear's Paw one.--such lovely pinks...I've not sewn with flannel fabrics other than backing for a couple throw pillows...I will be interested to see those upcoming projects come to life...
Only 51 here and very windy this morning pre-Nor'Easter which is supposed to hit us Fri-Sun this weekend during both a full moon (Sat) and high tide. Luckily we are high enough from the water to not have to worry about flooding here. Just the very old, tall trees that surround us give me pause!!
Hugs, Julierose
I came across a bit of Marcia Derse from recent gifts and immediately thought of you!
The blues in your 9 patch really stand out ~ Each Pink block is mesmerizing always such lovely combinations …. Fun prints on your M.D. flannel pieces
progressing with the top half about done now
The MD fabrics look surprisingly good in flannel.
Post a Comment