The Snail's Trail block is easy to cut with a die and fun to piece. This color scheme worked out well too. The quilt finished at 58" x 83".
The backing fabric has tools in the print: hammer, wrenches, saw, and others.
In case you want to enlarge it and find the tools, this view is better. Just click to enlarge the photo.
A lot of the fabrics in this quilt are from the 1990s and early 2000s. I still had a good discount at a couple quilt shops during that time.
The camera has a hard time showing beige and gold correctly. The third one down that looks like it has a blue background actually has a beige background.
There are 2 blocks alike in most most of the fabric combinations.
I have always loved the rich browns and golds, and the rust prints give it a bright touch.
The temperature and humidity are at comfortable levels now for 2 days. I plan on opening all of the windows today.






10 comments:
Very nice finish! Enjoy those nice-weatherr days. It's still how here, but at least we don't always hit 100 degrees.
love snail trail pattern and your colors make it dazzling
Love all the details you photographed for todays post. This is one grand quilt with pattern and fabrics.
This quilt is so dramatic and wonderful! I hope you plan to keep it.
Cooler here, too, but our highs are in the low 80s*F and lows around 60*F. What bliss!
Hugs!
Love the finished Snail's Trail quilt - so many interesitng fabrics!!!
Luv the snails trail! we're getting more rain & the days are getting shorter, cooler weathers on the way!
Just a lovely finish on this Wanda:))) Interesting back fabric with those tools...
We had a lovely day here--started out early with 52 degrees and only went up into the low 70's with a nice NW wind...
hugs, Julierose
I love this so much that I've decided to use my new batiks in a queen size Snail's Trail. I just hope that the ST die that I have is the 12" one and not the 8" one!
I love that backing your picked out for it - it looks great.
It's good to have a finish under your belt so early in the month! It turned out great! Looks like you are into sewing with fall colors as it is getting into that season already!
Post a Comment