This last quilt top for August was pressed and photographed yesterday morning. It is 39.5" x 61.5". When I started making the three inch 9 patches I had no quilt in mind. I had been thinking about another quilt with the Economy block with more of the 90s florals and I wanted to add white and black to a quilt. All of the ideas came together to make these 40 blocks. I was happy to find another white with black print in my stash to use for sashing.
I ended up cutting 15 floral fabrics for the large triangle corners of the blocks.
I also ended up cutting a few more 1.5" squares for the 9 patches to add a little more bright color to the quilt.
Last night I started looking for backing fabric for it. I will need a little less than 2 yards. There is enough of each of these 4 fabrics. I probably have others that I could consider but I'd be happy to use one of these.
I'll do my monthly recap tomorrow.




That is a perfect little gem of a quilt! Use the bold print on the back--it deserves a statement print!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun quilt! The hits of the bright colors makes this top sing! That large print would make a good back since it would be hard to use in a top.
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely finish on this one, Wanda; i love the floral corners:)))
ReplyDeleteThis seemed to come together so quickly...
68 here and overcast today; DP hasn't dropped as yet--so gloomy and humid out there. Hugs,Julierose
Ah, a very satisfying quilt story! I too like the big architectural print for the back, it feels like there is an interesting story behind it.
ReplyDeleteCeci
Wonderful quilt top. I think the large scale print would make a marvelous back - there's so much detail to explore and enjoy,
ReplyDeleteGlorious floral blocks floating through the strings of black ‘n white… each block is like tiny quilts in themselves. Another genius creation Wanda.
ReplyDeleteI really like that you kept all the strips in the blocks radiating out, and the "stripes" in the sashing going the same direction. I'm not sure I'd have thought that far ahead! :-)
ReplyDeleteNot that you asked...the large print takes my 1st place vote, the circles 2nd place for backing.
Another fantastic top you've made!
Great finish, Wanda! I LOVE that architectural print for the backing as others have mentioned. I have an original to our city street lamp like the one in it. Such a fun print and such a nice project. Florals...just like a trek thru the garden.
ReplyDeleteApplause, applause, applause!!! Love this quilt, too.
ReplyDeleteHugs!
That is a super cool quilt!! the white and black fabrics look so amazing in it!
ReplyDeleteI like all three of those black ones
ReplyDelete