I started out the day making the backing for the Kaffe Zipper quilt. I had 4 yards and had to do some creative cutting and sewing to piece the back. There were 4 seams altogether. I had one piece 1" x 3.75" left over.
Then I pressed the binding fabric and cut the needed 7 strips. I got the binding sewn to the back and started the machine topstitching to finish it. I decided to finish it today instead of pushing ahead while I was tired.
Today is supposed to be 78 degrees. What a relief that is after all of those 90 degree days with tropical humidity. The humidity will get down in the comfortable range by afternoon.

You got a lot done, Wanda--62 lovely, cool degrees here this morning if overcast with clouds.
ReplyDeleteI'll take the cool for sure...hugs, Julierose
We woke up to 79 (feels 82) and know that the temps will soar quickly to 99-100 by noon time. Slowly over the next week both the low and the high are going to drop incrementally - with a chance of rain towards next weekend. I liked the binding fabric and I LOVE It on the quilt.
ReplyDeleteso when you machine stitch a binding you kind of do it opposite as hand stitch? you machine stitch to the back and then fold it over to the top and stitch at the edge of the front if I understand you photos right? I will need to do a practice before I ever try it.
ReplyDelete