Pages

Monday, September 14, 2026

Two hours.................


Yesterday morning my helpers came to clean out all of the dead Black-eyed Susan plants plus weeds and volunteer trees.  I was hoping we could save some of the plants.  In two hours it went from this......




to this.  Now I need to find something that will grow in that center section.  The big green Coral Bell at the right front is overgrown and we could split 3 plants off of it and still leave a large plant where it is.  Since it has tolerated the heat it might be my best bet for that spot.  I have room to plant a few more things too so I need to decide whether to do it now or wait for spring.  I read that this is the perfect time to get perennials established before we get freezing weather.


In the studio I decided to make 9 patches with the remaining group of strips.  I sewed 3 sections and overlapped them to see how this first one will look.








This is one of the fabrics I chose to possibly use with the 9 patches.


 

8 comments:

  1. Your front garden looks all neat and lovely-- all set for the winter. ;)))
    I am doing some "now and then" ojos sewing, but mainly re-organizing and de-stashing still....
    64 here this early morning; hoping for a nice sunny day...
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could use those helpers for my garden! I like the almost low-volume spotted....leopards? It got chilly yesterday afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crew did a terrific job of cleaning up that bed. I like the idea of splitting the coral bells since you already know they grow well in that location. Those nine patches are going to be stunning. (love the tiger print).

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW ~ Front garden clean up looks magnificent ❣️ Fun fabric find to combine with your 9 patches. Your fabric stash always astonishes me with yet another beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You front garden looks great! Your helpers accomplished a lot in just a couple hours! Send them my way please! LOL!! I hit the two worst flower beds with a weed wacker to get rid of the weeds and grass. Tonight I will get out the hoe and just turn the soil to get up some of the roots. It is going to be a process to get them back in shape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have two fat quarters of that cheetah print. It's one of my favorites and I've never found a project worthy of it, especially since I have such a small amount. If you use it, I'll be curious to see how it looks in an actual quilt.

    Your garden looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the coral bell divided might work really good and yes I always hear this time of year is good time to plant that type of stuff as long as it gets watered. They did a good job coming over to get your front garden ship shape

    ReplyDelete

I will reply to all comments WITH A LINK. If you are anonymous or a Blogger account without your email enabled I can not reach you to reply.

There is an EMAIL address on my right sidebar if you have a question and you do not have a link.