It rained most of the day yesterday. I checked the rain gauge about 5 p.m. and it had 1.5" in it. I didn't empty it so I'll have a 2 day total including today's rain. We got 2.5" on Thursday after a month with less than an inch of rain. Three miles west of us got 4.25" on Thursday.
I turned on the iron and pressed Friday's blocks and the last 3 stratas. Then I made the 9 blocks from the stratas. I have 63 six inch 9 patches made now. If I use 60 of them and 60 of the two alternate fabrics I can make a quilt 60" x 72". I didn't end up looking for fabrics to pair with the last 5 strips that I showed yesterday.
I cut one more pink block and sewed the first two. I'm not sure what I'm making here. There may be more than one size block or maybe just 6 of these 14" blocks. I am making a small quilt.
I can't believe how fast September is speeding by. I need to get focused on what I want to finish this month.


pretty pinks! rain here today....
ReplyDeleteI woke up (way too early) to the sound of rain. Also to the sound of acorns plunking on the roof -- that's been a soundtrack for a couple of weeks. I like the pink bear paw blocks!
ReplyDeleteSept is speeding by! We return home tomorrow and I’ve been making a mental list of what I’m going to focus on first. I am chomping at the bit to be sewing again. I am liking your pink blocks 😃
ReplyDeleteWonderful PINKS ~ so refreshing and pattern is like blossoming florals. Even thought its the Bear claw pattern. Its another beauty in the making.
ReplyDeleteSometimes just making is enough. So glad you've gotten rain!
ReplyDelete