Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2026

New book..............


 The newest Kaffe Fassett book came in the mail a couple days ago and I finally had time to look through it.  I had seen a few kits for quilts in the book advertised at quilt shops that carry a lot of his fabric.







Here is a snippet of one of the quilts that I liked.  I like green quilts and that border fabric is one that I really like.  I have been thinking about making another quilt with lots of triangles in it.








It made me think about 2 quilts I made in 2022 and 2023.  I just made a lot of blocks, thinking they would all go in one large quilt.  In the end I decided I liked the darker blocks separate from the lighter blocks.  The lighter one is my favorite and I think I might need to make another one, maybe not in Kaffe fabric next time or a mix of Kaffe collective fabrics and other fabrics together.


I was pretty much pain free yesterday so I did some outside work.  I watered all of the pots on the porch and the ones in front of the garage.  There aren't many blooms on them but they are all still green plants so I have hope for a few more blooms.  Then I watered the tomato and cucumber plants.  They really needed it sooner but I just didn't get it done before I had the shot to my SI joint.  Then I had to take a day off so finally it happened yesterday.  We might have rain a few days this week.  This was yesterday's bounty, a little less than the day before.  Maybe the watering will encourage more to ripen.

4 comments:

  1. Just lovely triangle quilts, Wanda;))) Happy to hear you had a pain-free day-, too. 70.3 degrees, DP 70--so muggy once again!! Yesterday was one lovely day though--perfect for my daughter and three of my grands to visit--;))) Lovely to catch up with their doings and hear about their new jobs.... hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much pain free days are wonderful….I hope you are able to get a whole string of them. Of your two quilts, I like the dark squares one best, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think of your version of Cut Glass Dish every time I see the block. (I peruse books and magazines.) Thanks for the notice of the new book. I have all but one. Tomato harvest is in full swing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Lime Twist quilt too! Glad you're feeling better and able to do more.

    ReplyDelete

I will reply to all comments WITH A LINK. If you are anonymous or a Blogger account without your email enabled I can not reach you to reply.

There is an EMAIL address on my right sidebar if you have a question and you do not have a link.