Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

A day to slow down..................


I spent my time in the studio last night cutting strip lengths for 9 patches.  

All of my 9 patches will be 5 dark and 4 light squares.  I need to cut the dark strip into two 16" pieces and one 8" piece.  The light strip needs to have one 16" strip and two 8" pieces.  This will make three 9 patches.  I got 7 cut last night and had done 5 previously.  That will be 36 blocks.  I will be experimenting with some ideas of how to use these 9 patches.

I had letters to mail and then went on to the hardware store where I purchased a product that will keep weed seeds from growing.  I spread it on all of the area of dirt in the front garden and hosed it down per instructions.  Hopefully this will keep most weeds from growing all the way into winter.  I will be spreading it again in the spring.

Other than that I just relaxed and dreamed of new projects.

6 comments:

  1. Pretty strip fabrics for your next project, Wanda;)))
    Cooling down here today--only 51 early this morning...I'll take it;)))
    Still mainly decluttering in my sewing room -- big job after so many years of amassing!! Hugs, Julieorse

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful variety of prints and styles of prints in this group! You have the best stash ever! I need to have a day for errands myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need a slow down day every once in a while… the pace you keep up day after day is truly inspiring. Such pretty strips to add to your 9 patches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fun to see how prints from a variety of collections play so nicely together. I'm sure you will come up with a dazzling setting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what did you say the name of the weed product is that you got? I would like to try it on my mess!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Please post the name of the weed stuff!

      Delete

I will reply to all comments WITH A LINK. If you are anonymous or a Blogger account without your email enabled I can not reach you to reply.

There is an EMAIL address on my right sidebar if you have a question and you do not have a link.