Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Super stripes..........

My Amaryllis is showing off with 6 of the 8 blooms open.







It's hard to get a good picture of them.








The flower stalks are so tall but haven't started leaning over so far.  The metal loop should hold them if they do lean.









I'm still cutting colorwash kits and will be for the rest of this week.  It takes about 10 days to go through all of the fabrics and choose which to cut and press them to prepare for die cutting.  I can only work about 4 hours a day standing on the cement floor even with anti-fatigue mats.

 I also did laundry and baked another batch of cookies.  My grandson in CO is going to have a birthday soon and I need to have things ready to send in the family package.
 

9 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

What a floral show in the dead of winter. I think I would go crazy trying to keep straight all that cutting. I have a hard time standing on concrete with the best anti-fatigue mats when I am longarming for anything over an hour.

Debbie said...

Mom had those amaryllis when she lived in Florida. I always thought they looked like peppermint candy. Squares...oh my what a job!

Mary said...

Your amaryllis is one of the prettiest I've seen. Good thing you can pace yourself on the kit-making project. That's a lot of work.

Julierose said...

Gorgeous blooms of that striped amaryllis!
We are having light fine and icey snow falling here right now.
Kitting up must be very time consuming...
Stay warm and safe...hugs, Julierose;()

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I was going to look for the metal loops/stake that I have in the workshop for the tall plants normally kept outside and I forgot so thanks for mentioning that- I need to bring in two before we get the winter weather this week for my amaryllis's I know I won't want to walk over to the shop with a thin layer of ice over things.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful blooms (love the stripes). My after-Christmas amaryllis (gift from Lynne) has grown enough that the main stalk is now taller than the top of the ring stand. Such fun to watch them.

Mystic Quilter said...

The blooms are beautiful and wow, the height of those stalks!! I can imagine standing cutting and pressing, it seems to go on for ever!

patty a. said...

The amaryllis are stunningly beautiful! They remind me of that peppermint candy. You look like you are very organized and very busy cutting all that fabric. 4 hours a day is plenty; cutting is hard work!

JJM said...

Those huge beautiful blossoms from that rather small bulb. Really one amazing blossoming bulb.

And I so agree with the others, the hours selecting all the fabrics and then cutting them for your kits is one big huge job.

JJM