Sunday, February 7, 2021

Playing around.............

I got one section of 10 rows and another section of 5 rows sewn together yesterday.  I have 4 more rows to sew and then join all of the sections.  I could have finished it yesterday but I decided to bake shortbread cookies instead.






I'm still cutting up some leftovers from the setting triangles on the warm color Kaffe 16 patch quilt.  I made 2 test blocks cut with the LeMoyne star die.


Round 2 of cactus blooming is starting now.  This is a champagne color plant that I bought last year.







It has about a dozen buds.  I love it when there are 2 on the end of one section.






There are a few buds on the orange one too.  On the shelf below this one there is the pale pink which also has a few buds.

If you have asked me a question in the comments and you haven't gotten a reply from me, there is no email link in your profile or comment.  My email address is on the right sidebar if you want to contact me.
 

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Gorgeous champagne cactus...my two are quiet right now--no budding --just resting I guess;)))
Nice work on your projects...
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Mike had gotten me 4 little Christmas Cactus's this year and two of them had a lot of those areas that had two or three buds on them but they never opened and just fell off or still clinging to the plants but still have never opened - I had not seen them do that before

Libby in TN said...

My Thanksgiving cactus is blooming again, too.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wow, what a quilt. The colors are just so amazing. Love the bloom color. Hmm, cutting up colorwash kits. Sounds like another class.

JJM said...

Nice post today Wanda . Your continued progress of your TAW is coming right along, plus creating two new star blocks, during the day. I can see it was a fun play day for you.

We woke up to 6" of snow this morning. Our first since October of 2020. We really needed it and I hope we get some winter now and get it over with before March.

Am I the only one in the nation that does not care about football ? Let alone the Super Bowl . Thank goodness for your blog to check out and to go back and view many from the past.

JJM

Tammy Hutchinson said...

I love this TATW, something about the purple and turquoise round makes me happy. I've also been playing with pink and yellow fabrics together, in kaleidoscope blocks. Begonias are the blooming plants in my home right now, and they don't seem to mind the reflection of the sun from the layers of snow, nor do I! Thanks for all the beauty Wanda!