Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Multi-tasking again..............

I cut the setting triangles from both orange Shaggy and red Cactus flower.  I need to cut a few more but I needed to see some on the design wall to decide which fabric to cut the rest from.  It is so much prettier in person.  Be sure to click on the photo to see the setting triangle fabrics closer.



On to the batik pineapple log cabin quilt top: I sewed the setting triangles onto the rows and added a strip on 2 of the corners to compensate for the size of the corner triangles.  The spots run in rows so they are running in a different direction than the rest of the fabric.  I could cut some on the bias so they would match but I kind of like the change of direction.  I have 2 more strips to add before I can sew rows together.


This is a close up of the setting triangle fabric.  It is a muddy dusty blue with cream spots.






And because that wasn't enough to think about I put the first 20 strips of the throw size Kaffe Trip Around the World up on the design wall.  Either top left or bottom right corner could be the center.

I thought my multi-tasking skills were gone but I was thinking about all 3 quilts all day and making decisions on each.  I can't say I work as fast as I used to but I can still multi-task.
 

14 comments:

Julierose said...

Good for you--;)))I have trouble "walking while chewing gum" lately hahaha;)))

The choice of setting triangles on the Cactus Flower is a knotty problem...good luck.

I love the pineapple setting fabric you chose--I like batik prints like that one and am always on the lookout for them...something about the "almost" repetitive idea ...of the design...
Hugs from afar Julierose

The Inside Stori said...

WOW!!! Just plain WOW!!!!!!

Sylvia Anderson said...

Good morning Wanda. The Kaffee TAW quilt is going to be a feast for the eyes, not only because of the fabrics you're using, but because you have such an innate ability with colors. I double clicked on the 16 patch and enjoyed seeing all the fabrics up close. Yesterday, I wasn't so sure I liked the fabric you chose for the setting triangles on the pineapple log cabin, but today, seeing the layout with most of them in place, I like it. Should have known better than to second guess you. lol

Quiltdivajulie said...

I am so glad you decided to use both of those glorious setting fabrics for your sixteen patch blocks. The pineapple piece is looking great (I agree, I like the bit of directional change in the strips). And that TAW strata is breathtaking.

Nann said...

The results of your multitasking are explosive (in a very good way). The gray/blue/dot setting fabric is a great frame for the pineapples. And you know I'm partial to checkerboards!

Florida Farm Girl said...

I like your solution for the corner half square triangles and the spots going a different direction does add interest. Good job.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Apparently, you are a multi-tasking master, Wanda!! :o))

Sewing Up A Storm said...

You are making great progress on all three of your quilts! That TATW is going to be just stunning!!!! I would put the blue in the center, think it would draw you into that cool blue space.

patty a. said...

Each project is moving along nicely! I can't even imagine how fabulous the 16 patch quilt is with the riot of color! Unless you point it out, I don't think anyone would notice the added strips.

Vicki W said...

I don't enjoy making on point quilts but they are so much more striking than straight set.

rondiquilts said...

Bravo Wanda! I'm a retired 911 Dispatcher. Best dispatchers are multi-taskers! You always hoped your co-worker for the shift was a talented multi-tasker.

Rondi
rondiquilts@yahoo.com

JJM said...

I had to enlarge and really study where you added the strips. No one will ever see it.

And I so agree, you are "THE Designing Master Multitasker", you always have been and always will be .

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

A tremendous finish to use the two fabrics for setting triangles, the quilt top is looking beautiful. I can't believe the beautiful burst of colour in this section of your Kaffe TATW, it is so exciting, a real lift for the spirit!

Louise Lloyd said...

I like the last one as diagonal stripes.