Sunday, May 12, 2019

Red series.............

I did not consciously start this year with a series of red quilts in mind.....it just happened.  The red crazy pieced top was a carryover from last year and I got it quilted right away in February.  Over the first 4 months and 10 days into May I started 4 more mostly red quilts and finished the 4th one into a top on May 10.  The only other one that is quilted and finished is the red and white star quilt......three are tops waiting in line to be quilted.  I think this series was subconsciously my way of staying warm in the long, long cold winter and early cold spring,  I think it is time to start working with spring colors.

Happy Mother's Day!!  I hope it is soon time to plant my porch pots.  Hopefully this is the last spring day down in the high 30s overnight.  Next weekend's prediction:  in the 80s.  That's a big change from our 47 degrees yesterday.

8 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Red is my absolute favorite color. I have always had red cars except last year, I had to buy one in charcoal gray because the manufacturer did not make any car red except their top of the line sportscar. Your red quilts are all gorgeous and each one is so different.

Mary said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! What a great collection of red quilts with so much variety.

Marnie Haines said...

Yes, all red but what stunning variety. Happy Mother's Day, Wanda!

Needled Mom said...

Whatever the reason, they are beautiful. Happy Mother’s Day.

Quiltdivajulie said...

The current Ad Hoc Improv Quilters challenge is "Red is a Neutral" -- your quilts fit right in! I have several red projects in the works but none as gorgeous as yours. Hoping your weather stops cooling off now so you can enjoy the spring time.

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day, Wanda. I've been enjoying your blog for years. Thanks for sharing!

JJM said...

Your 'pickle' is truly beautiful. I think the name should be changed though because it's anything but that ! And today's post is just lovely and your analization of how you made it through the winter made me smile.

Hope you are enjoying your day and making it a happy moms day.

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful red display!