Sunday, May 19, 2019

I think it is ready to sew...........

I changed many rectangles all day long and played a little more with it in the evening.  I filled in the half rectangles (squares) at the top and bottom edge.  The center looks smoother in real life than it does in a photo.  I think it is ready to sew but I can't say for sure I won't still change a couple pieces.  Students in my colorwash classes might wonder why I put turquoise next to rose since they aren't next to each other on the color wheel.  It is because I had 5 rectangles that have a mix of turquoise and rose and they became the transition area between the 2 colors.
Kevin the Quilter was in the area doing a lecture and workshops so he stopped by to see me on the way home.  We are just coming out of the Bull Moose Bar and Grille in this photo.  I "forced" him to take home some scraps from my studio.  I hope he has fun with them.

11 comments:

Mary said...

What a fun time you and Kevin had and I know he will put those scraps to good use.

Lesley Gilbert said...

I think I started following Kevin from one of his comments here a few months ago. I try not to add any more bloggers as I use up so much time reading but enjoy the posts. Off to a 15th birthday meal soon - I made her a scrappy bed cover (not quite a quilt as I left out the batting). I used cotton foundations for the blocks so there is some weight in it. Hope you don't get too much rain today.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Hopefully your outing with Kevin was before the downpour, which was similar to Thursday, but no hail this time. Thank God! Looks like, with all the rain coming in, there won't be much planting done for awhile. Guess sewing and freezer cooking are on the agenda this week. You are looking great Wanda and enjoyed the picture. Stay dry!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that must have been fun for you meeting up with Kevin - He seems like a fun guy!

Libby in TN said...

Lucky you and lucky Kevin!

Hedy said...

Wow, I really love this top! It’s calling my name. Are you going to sell it eventually?

JJM said...

Gosh, I can never see the areas that you see that needs 'tweaking' until after you do it. This is another spectacular Colorwash Wanda.

So who "Kevin The Quilter" I thought.... I had never heard of him before, so I looked him up and enjoyed his blog. I liked the precision of the quilts he showed. I'm sure he had to be impressed with your organized studios, and the exuberant colorful fabrics you sent home with him.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh my! I am surprised that the universe did not tilt! Two of my absolute favorites together in the same spot.
What a treat! I don't think you had to twist his arm much to take scraps.

O'Quilts said...

That is a very fun surprise wonderful

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a great photo of the two of you -- so glad you had a chance to enjoy a meal together!

Kerry said...

What fun! "Forced him" - hahaha!