Thursday, April 25, 2019

End triangles................

I decided I will do alternating plain and print triangles on the top and bottom edge.  I only got part of 2 columns sewn and gave up and went to bed early.

The trip to Chicago was heavy tollway traffic (2 hours) and I had never seen more people at the eye clinic.  The wait was long.  My 9:45 a.m. appointment ended up being 11:35.  I was talking to another lady and found out we had the same appointment time.  This is a clinic through the University of Illinois so it is a teaching hospital environment.  I have one of the top doctors in the nation so it is worth the wait.  They do an ultrasound on my eye to measure the remains of the tumor; the amount that is left after the radiation treatment (6 1/2 years ago) has shrunk it and made it inactive.  They also watch to see that there isn't any secondary growth and check for swelling and fluid in the eye (which would mean I needed to have an injection to correct that).  I'm happy to report that my eye is stable and didn't need any treatment and I go back in 6 months for the whole ordeal again.  The stress of the day was very tiring so I'm happy to be back to a normal day today.

19 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is great news on your eye and worth the wait isn't it - so glad the shrinkage had gotten to the point that makes it inactive - you must be so relieved even if you have to do the testing again in six months - happy news for you!

patty a. said...

Such good news about your eye. That is a long wait. I hope you took something to entertain yourself while you waited. My drive wasn't nearly as bad as yours yesterday, but I was still tired and I went to bed early too. Have a good productive day today!

Gene Black said...

I am very happy to hear that your eye is stable and that the tumor remains inactive.
Medical appointment days are stressful and tiring for me also.

Mary said...

Wonderful news! I am so happy for you.

Debbie said...

So glad to here the eye is doing well! I really understand how the ordeal of the day takes it all out of you. Plus you have that long drive. Rest well and be glad.

Jane Dallmeyer said...

Wonderful news!! My 87 year old mother gets shots in her eyes, so I know all about this. I am the caregiver to 4 aging parents, and that is WHY I have quilt and sew therapy!!!!

Hedy said...

Great news, I’m so happy for you!!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I was thinking about you all yesterday wondering how the appointment would go. Thanks for letting us know. Hope you aren't too tired and able to sew today.

JJM said...

Oh Wanda , I'm so glad to know you have the best Opthomologist in the nation. That clinic has such a good reputation. And to get this latest awesome diagnosis has to feel so good. I too am so happy for you ! You made my day with your news.

JJM

Marnie Haines said...

Great news, Wanda, about your eyesight. Being on someone's else's schedule can be very tiring, but this sounds like it was worth the wait. Hope you have a good day today doing what you want to do. By the way I am having a great time working on an H quilt with batiks I purchased from you and then some. Thank you for sharing the directions and all the other wonderful treasures on your blog.

Needled Mom said...

That's a stressful day even without the traffic, but I'm so happy that the results were great.

Chris said...

I'm so happy for your good news, Wanda! Congratulations!

LSpin said...

Great news, Wanda!

Lesley Gilbert said...

So happy to read things went well for you - well worth the wait to see a top doc. Have a good weekend after your busy time travels :)

Quiltdivajulie said...

What wonderful news at the end of that long and stressful wait. Hooray for fabric therapy today.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I'm also very happy to hear that your eye is stable and that you didn't need any treatment. Relax and enjoy your "normal" day - medical appointments and other things out of the ordinary are very stressful to me, too - ;))

Vicki W said...

That's wonderful news! I never mind waiting for a good doctor. If they are late they are spending quality time with patients.

Michele said...

Yes, it was a stressful day, but I am so happy with your good news.... Congrats!

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

So happy the eye appointment went so well, Wanda!!!