Friday, April 19, 2019

# 3 layout is my choice.............

Of the 3 layouts I showed yesterday I chose the third layout as the one I will do.  I haven't sewn any of the plain triangles onto the pieced triangles so I will play with the arrangement of them since they create a rectangle.  I think I can sew about 2/3 of them randomly, then start playing with the layout and the last 1/3 will be pieced to perfect the layout.  There are a lot of blocks to make since they finish at 6".

Thursdays are the day I do my live broadcast for the Colorwash360 online class so I have a lot of research and prep time for that.  Then after it is over I work on a project.  Last night I sewed the triangles onto the other shape piece for one column of the Cascade quilt.  I now have the pieces assembled for 2 of 9 columns.  Now I need to spend some time today cutting the 44 squares that surround the center and trim one corner off each of them.  It is going to be 50 degrees and windy today so that means it is a good day to cut and sew.

7 comments:

patty a. said...

I like that layout very much! I agree it would be a good day to stay inside and sew. The wind hasn't started blowing here yet, but we are getting some light rain. Have a wonderful Easter!

Marie said...

Excellent choice Wanda - spectacular, and it will be fun to see it grow.

Kristin said...

I love these colors and the design. Did you use a pattern for this?

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love the layout and the way the values fall. I totally forgot yesterday's class.

JJM said...

So nice ~ that's why I check in every day. (^._,^)

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

Happy you chose this layout - and yes, it takes a LOT of prep for a class or a live session.

Nancy A: rangerer@sbcglobal.net said...

Not that you need my approval, but I love this. Besides that fact that you are a great designer, I think You and I must like working with similar colors.