Sunday, February 17, 2019

One more layout................

Here is one last layout before I start making more blocks, dark blocks in the center with light blocks as a border.
This layout is one I showed last week with the opposite layout, light center with dark blocks as a border.

In a comment yesterday someone said if I make 2 quilt tops, one dark and one light that they could be the front and back of the same quilt.  One problem with that is that these are batik fabrics, tightly woven and it is already hard to quilt through the layers of seams so it would be a real nightmare to have double the seams on top of each other with pieced both front and back of the quilt.  It would definitely be 2 separate quilts from the tops for me.

I spent a lot of time going through sewing related stuff in a 3 drawer cabinet.  I pitched some things, pulled out patterns that I will never make and found $40 in a bank envelope in the bottom of one drawer.

There is snow scheduled for today so I cancelled my art quilters gathering for tomorrow.  There must be a warmer dry day coming up soon.........

12 comments:

Julie in GA said...

The arrangement of pineapple blocks with the dark ones in the center and the lighter around the outside is my favorite that you have shown so far. They are looking fantastic!

Sharon W. said...

I thought that I preferred the on-point setting, but this latest inner dark/outer light straight version is a stunner. I'm hoping you will go with this one.

Hedy said...

I actually like them mixed up better. I’m sure whatever you make will be great.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I had to laugh at finding money in a drawer - now that was a really rewarding cleaning day!! I will love your pineapple quilt however you decide to do it - you always pick what is right

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

I like the new layout, dark center with light border, because it's more unexpected. The pineapple pattern shows up nicely!

Vicki W said...

I like both of these versions!

Marnie Haines said...

Wanda, you have offered a procrastinator's delight of choices. I will patiently await your final decision. Kudos no matter what it will be.

JJM said...

I can see you really are enjoying designing and redesigning with these blocks. As always anxious to see your final design.

WOW a $40.00 surprise ! ! ! That would make my day (^._.^) ....

And wicked winter temps continue to hang on and it sounds like on into March.

JJM

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Of all of your layouts - I'm partial to one with the dark blocks in the center with light blocks as a border. It's "unexpected" since borders tend to be darker than the centers. I made a quilt once with a "too light" center surrounded by darker blocks - it wound up looking like it had a hole in the middle - LOL - ;))

Needled Mom said...

It is so much fun to see all the variations. It's ice to be paid for cleaning a drawer!!! I always say that when I find money in the washing machine. lol

Yes, spring must be coming soon.

patty a. said...

Either layout looks good. Good for you finding that money! It might not make a huge difference in your life, but it had to be fun to find! That will pay for groceries or gas for the week!

Diane said...

Hi Wanda. I prefer the layout with the dark blocks in the center. It's stunning! Wow, $40. I guess it pays to clean up.