Thursday, February 21, 2019

4 blocks done.............

I spent hours yesterday pressing fabric and cutting pieces for these blocks with my GO! pineapple log cabin die.  I got one more round on all 12 blocks but only finished the last strip and corners on 4 of the blocks.  My bobbin thread ran out and it was close to 11 p.m. so I stopped at that point.

Luckily the temperature got above freezing yesterday and melted off the inch of new snow with ice pellets on top of it.  It sounds like we are going to get a couple sunny days now with temperatures above freezing.

Clarice, I showed 2 quilts on that blog post and I don't know which you are asking about.  Could you email me with the address on my sidebar?

3 comments:

patty a. said...

It probably takes longer to press and cut the pieces than to sew the blocks together. It rained here last night, but with the temperature above freezing the roads were fine this morning on my way to work.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Pressing and cutting are time consuming. The blocks look great. Melting here also. Those darn bobbins. Once upon a time there was a sewing machine called a "two spool" that used another spool as the bobbin.

JJM said...

I'd say running out of bobbin thread at 11:00 p.m. was over due a couple hours. You had one long day.

Sun finally came out yesterday afternoon. And we woke up to a beautiful sunrise. Still mighty cold, but sun always helps make it look warmer than it really is.

JJM