Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Finish # 4 for 2019............

I put the last hand stitches in the binding of this colorwash while I watched the 10 p.m. news last night.  It finished at 40" x about 63".  All of the fabrics are printed quilting cottons and the pieces are finished 2" x 4" rectangles.













Keeping with the floral/nature theme of the prints on the front, the back is beautiful large flowers and leaves.


















The binding is a fabric from the early 1990s and is a black background with brown stylized flowers and tiny gray leaves.

Now my finishing for the month is over and I will tackle a bunch of paperwork and start some new quilts.

6 comments:

Gene Black said...

The color blending on this is amazing. Several places I had to enlarge to see that there were separate pieces.

Mary said...

Another masterpiece, Wanda, and a great start to 2019.

Chris said...

I like your plan, Wanda! Finish for the first half of the month, then on to new projects. I think you get plenty done in a day! You have more "steam" later in the day; others (like myself) are morning people who hit the ground running first thing in the morning. We're all different! Thanks for the continued daily inspiration!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I think your finish a few and then make some more is a terrific idea! Good luck with the paperwork - it sure piles up fast!

Connie said...

It's beautiful! Doesn't it feel good to say finished :)
Happy quilting, dear friend.
Connie :)

patty a. said...

Good job reaching your monthly finishing goal! The piece is beautiful!