Monday, December 17, 2018

Piece replaced............

I unpicked the seams to remove the piece I wasn't happy with and sewed in the new one.  I am so much happier with it now.  

You can go back to yesterday's post to see the old piece and the new piece and the link to the whole quilt with the bad piece in it.

I was in the kitchen most of the day yesterday baking for packages I need to mail early this week.  I have a little more left to do today.

I sewed the final seam in all 5 stratas for my Kaffe Trip Around the World so maybe I can start slicing them and unpicking one seam in each slice to start designing.

7 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Just terrific! Love all the fabrics,

patty a. said...

I am glad you took the time to replace the piece. Otherwise, it would always drive you crazy every time you looked at it. The piece turned out so pretty!

Nann said...

I went back and forth to see the difference -- hard for me to determine. But if it bothered you, then it was a good thing you made the change before you quilted that errant patch in place.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Another stunner - and yes, you were right to replace that piece. Happy baking!

Hedy said...

Very pretty, turned out great.

JJM said...

I'm sure it feels good to have this one complete now. Your Colorwash designs are always supreme, and this one is heavenly.

I've yet to get more cookies made too... Plus another day of shopping.

JJM

Connie said...

I hate picking out seams . . . but sometimes we just have to.
It looks amazing. Something to be truly proud of.
Merry Christmas.
Connie :)