Saturday, December 29, 2018

Finish # 17 for this year................

Yes, the top edge really is straight, it is the photographer who is crooked.  This quilt is about 51.5" x 72" so it will wrap under my feet and go all the way to my chin when I sleep under it for my recliner chair nap.  I hope to get it washed today.








 I really love this Kaffe print on the back.  The front is Kaffe collective with some Kaffes, lots of Philip Jacobs fabrics and one Brandon Mably fabric.

The colors are more true in this photo.









I did the binding all by machine.










And just one more view of it..........

Now I need to finish just one more for my 18 in 2018.






I think the reason I like the double Amaryllis blooms so well is that it is like having peonies again in the winter.

12 comments:

Dorothy said...

I love it !!! (the flowers too :-) )

Lesley Gilbert said...

Beautiful colours - I love the back as much as the front. Hope you manage an 18 finish for your challenge. It's very cold here today but at least no snow, yet, and my Fuchsia's are still holding onto the last of the flowers - very unusual I keep thinking :)

Linda Swanekamp said...

Yes, you are right- like peonies! The quilt with binding looks gorgeous. Hope you can make your 18.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

yes the buds remind me of peonies - at first when I saw I was just going to have white blossoms from mine I was disappointed as I wanted the combination red/white - but these have really grown on me and have blossomed so well.
I am surprised you have a recliner for a nap - you are the energizer bunny you get so much done :) or maybe the nap is why you do get so much done!

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a gorgeous quilt for a recliner nap (and I love that backing, too). Those white flowers are breathtaking - SO beautiful.

Momma Llama said...

Beautiful quilt and amaryllis post to bring 2018 to and end. Always enjoy your posts. Inspiring. D. Weeks (aka Momma Llama)

Sylvia Anderson said...

Good morning Wanda...With the speed at which you work, there should be no problem getting #18 completed, before the stroke of midnight Hoping the new year brings you good health and happiness.

Tami Von Zalez said...

Kaffe fabric is sure easy to spot! #17 - way to go!

Marie said...

Beautiful Wanda, and that backing is stunning. Good luck with no. 18!

JJM said...

Enchanting was the first thought I had when I opened your blog. You really created those rectangles into a very happy quilt. It will indeed call you into your recliner every day.

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the 'recliner' quilt Wanda, glowing fabrics. The amaryllis blooms are beautiful, lucky you.

Nancy A: rangerer@sbcglobal.net said...

the things you make are always beautiful. Do you prewash your fabrics?