Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Cleaning up and discovery..........

I sewed these strip sets back in November 2016 mostly Kaffe fabrics 1.5" wide strips.  



They have been waiting to be used for almost 2 years and I'm contemplating just sewing them together and making a baby quilt with them.  There is one short strip in there but I can fix that easily.  I just plopped them up on the design wall and may rearrange them.  I have been trying to put away lots of things in the basement and while doing that I discover things that sidetrack me....but I'm making progress on the clean up.

11 comments:

a Matula ikrek said...

What a happy little babyquilt it will be! :o)

Julierose said...

Oh this would be the cutest baby quilt with all those lovely colors
hugs, Julierose

Hedy said...

I vote yes too on a baby quilt.

AASEWS said...

What beautiful colors and fabrics. I can even see a bargello piece made from them. Even though the strips are narrow and would require lots of sewing. LOL

Needled Mom said...

That would make such a fun baby quilt. I've just been catching up since we were away and your most recent colorwash looks great too.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Good morning Wanda.....I think you are spot on with the baby quilt idea. What baby wouldn't love looking at all those beautifully colored fabrics? Can't wait to see the finished product.

Maria said...

That will be such a great baby quilt.

JJM said...

Well ~ just "plopping them on " your design board, it is one exuberant piece. Baby quilt, wall hanging, table topper, and more it's a beauty !

JJM

Chris said...

This would be a fun challenge, to see what different people would do with this happy group of strips. Have fun Wanda!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love playing with 1.5" wide strips -- 2.5 is okay, but 1.5 seems to yield scrappier results.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I do that, too - Look, shiny things!!! Or in my case, fabric things. It's easy to get sidetracked. But still fun!