Friday, September 28, 2018

Block number 6

Block number 6 for the Marcia Derse fabric star quilt has been sewn.  This is one of my favorites.











I had a fleeting thought that maybe I would stop at 6 blocks and just make a small quilt but I don't like these 6 blocks together well enough to stop here.  Once I have 6 that I like together I would have the option of stopping and put the rejects into the orphan block box.  However if I really like all of them together at some point I will just continue on and make 12 blocks.  I think you can see that I don't have a firm plan.

11 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Looking great, Wanda! Glad you are making more.

troy and christina said...

This is my favourite so far. They're looking great!

Mary said...

There’s an awful lot of points to match in those stars, but they are beautiful.

Hedy said...

Yes, the purple does make it my favorite too. Keep on making those blocks, they are beautiful.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Good morning Wanda...They are all beautiful blocks and I enjoy studying all of them, but the block on the right in the top row really stands up and shouts to me, maybe because of the very white squares, and I'm not a huge blue fan, but it does have purples! Warmer weather coming for a few days next week, but will cover the remaining tomato producing plants tonight.

JJM said...

Happy you are going to design more star blocks. It's been a treat to see each design. I just know it's going to grow into a glorious 12 block production !

JJM

Lesley Gilbert said...

Looking at them all together, my favourite at the mo is middle left, block #3 in your posts. It's going to be another great quilt :)

Needled Mom said...

That might be my favorite so far too.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like the idea of making more and then selecting your favorites. I really (!!) like star no. 6.

WhiteEagle said...

Block six is my favorite too. Your orphans could go on the back of the quilt so nothing is wasted. Love them all so far.

Alice said...

Flexibility is a good thing.