Thursday, September 27, 2018

Block number 5...........

Here is the Marcia Derse fabric star block number 5.  I realized after taking the photo that I switched position of the purple and pale green triangle blocks from my original design.  The light fabric should have ended up on the edge.  I'm not sure if I will change it.



Here are all 5 blocks so far.  It is hard to believe they are all the same pattern with the values shifting around.







My son and daughter in law came over late afternoon yesterday and all 3 of us worked for 45 minutes to cut lots of overgrown bushes and get it hauled to the end of the driveway for the last free brush pickup of this year next Monday.

7 comments:

patty a. said...

I can see how that block would look lighter with the green and purple pieces switched. The blocks are coming along nicely and are very pretty!

Hedy said...

Those blocks are so different from each other. It’s getting very cool here in southern Illinois, I’ve worn a jacket a few times. It’s almost time to start cutting back some of my outdoor plants. The yellow finches seem to have stopped eating the seeds from the purple coneflowers.

Gene Black said...

I love how color placement can change the entire look of a block. The "group shot" here is a great example of it. I like the way the switched pieces add to that effect.

Mary said...

I sure am glad you had the help you needed to make the brush pickup deadline.

Needled Mom said...

Those are so pretty.

JJM said...

Only YOU could come up so many different designs with this block. Pure entertainment for me, love each one.

City living does have its advantages with brush pick up for all. Living with in the country we get to do it all.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

So interesting to see the block variations caused by color placement. Dynamic and intriguing.