Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Backgrounds........

I found two fabrics that might work as the background for these blocks.  I like busy quilts so the one on the right might be the one I will use.  I tossed around the idea of using both of them together and couldn't make a decision so nothing got cut for it.





We got 1.25" of rain yesterday at noon.  Most of the storms have been missing us so I was glad we got this one.  My Dianthus bloomed early in the summer and I didn't deadhead it so it didn't bloom again.  Finally about 3 weeks ago I went out with scissors and gave the plants a haircut and now they are blooming again.





I don't remember how many colors I had earlier but there are 3 so far now.

12 comments:

patty a. said...

I agree that the fabric on the right looks better. I think it holds it's own against those colorful blocks.

There was some loud thunder yesterday, but no rain fell. Last night there was a lot of heat lighting. Rain is in the forecast for every day Thursday to Sunday.

Debbie said...

Absolutely...the one on the right. Will be so cute.

Mary said...

I love the background fabric on the right.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Definitely the background on the right. The other one seems almost wimpy with your saturated blocks.

Anonymous said...

The fabric on the right looks great!

Sylvia Anderson said...

Well, I guess the feeling is mutual, regarding the favorite background fabric, because mine is also the colorful dots. As Julie said, it appears wimpy behind all those standout fabrics.

Looks like cooler temps later this week, Yeah!!!!! We pulled all the potted plants yesterday, because I couldn't stand the way they looked anymore, but kept a few tomato plants that were still doing fairly well. Our cucumbers went crazy this year and we couldn't use them all, even after sharing with family and neighbors, so next year there will be 2 instead of 4 plants.

JJM said...

I too agree, the dots get my vote. Love the little dragon flys, but they seem too dainty for your viibarsnt blocks.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Whatever you decide, will work. I have confidence in you after following you for a long time. Can't wait to see it.

Marnie Haines said...

The material on the right says FUN. Its colors are great with the blocks. Lucky baby!
Marnie Haines

Barbara said...

Oh the Right fabric is on the Right! beautiful

sewyouquilt2 said...

Will be such a pretty quilt. I too like the fab on the right

Mystic Quilter said...

Hope you did go with the right hand fabric Wanda, it looks great with the blocks.